C
Posted By
Clyde
Nov 25, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I have a font that I have used in Photoshop CS that has disappeared. It just isn’t in the font list any more. It shows up installed and working in Font Reserve, Font Navigator, and MS Word, etc. It just doesn’t show up in CS.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Clyde

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

C
Corey
Nov 26, 2004
"Clyde" wrote in message
I have a font that I have used in Photoshop CS that has disappeared. It just isn’t in the font list any more. It shows up installed and working in Font Reserve, Font Navigator, and MS Word, etc. It just doesn’t show up in CS.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Clyde

Clyde,

Maybe you can copy and paste the font into Adobe’s local font folder. From the PS help file:
In addition to the fonts installed on your system, Photoshop uses font files in these local folders:

Windows:
Program Files/Common Files/ Adobe/Fonts

Mac OS 9.x:
System Folder/Application Support/ Adobe/Fonts

Mac OS X:
Library/Application Support/ Adobe/Fonts

If you install a Type 1, TrueType, OpenType, or CID font into the local Fonts folder, the font appears in Adobe applications only.

Peadge 🙂
C
Clyde
Nov 26, 2004
Peadge wrote:
"Clyde" wrote in message

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Clyde

Clyde,

Maybe you can copy and paste the font into Adobe’s local font folder. From the PS help file:
In addition to the fonts installed on your system, Photoshop uses font files in these local folders:

Windows:
Program Files/Common Files/ Adobe/Fonts

Mac OS 9.x:
System Folder/Application Support/ Adobe/Fonts

Mac OS X:
Library/Application Support/ Adobe/Fonts

If you install a Type 1, TrueType, OpenType, or CID font into the local Fonts folder, the font appears in Adobe applications only.
Peadge 🙂

Thanks for the workaround. I’m not sure what the real problem was, but it’s showing up at the bottom of the list now.

Thanks,
Clyde

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections