CM
Posted By
Christian_M._Holes
Nov 1, 2003
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Ok I am making a patter for my background, and I want it to be a diagonal shape. The hilarious thing is, I did not realize how much of a problem it was going to be.

ok first of all making backgrounds is easy… I first make a 30×30 pixel pallet and add a small dot or shape right in the middle to give it a pattern… make the background a different color. Then go to edit and then define pattern, name it whatever. The way I test my patterns is then open up new document and make it 500×500… then go to fill and then fill with the patter I just made. My new document then fills like a charm and is an exact indicator on how my webpage will look with a single jpeg or gif file that is only 30×30 pixels big. Because the pattern repeats itself. And there in lies my problem….

I saw a cool design that was a diagonal pattern. However, when I made a patter in PS it was all straight lines by simply adding 1 pixel brush tool with shift to constrain straight. I did that and as long as the lines are horizontal or vertical, it works perfect. Again however, I then rotated the lines and made them diagonal and the pattern gets all messed up when making it into a pattern and then filling it into a bigger document. It simply looks like a bunch of repeated square diagonal designs. HUMPPFFFF… I know this logical makes sense, but is there something I should do or some type of work around?

thanks in advance.

Christian

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

CM
Christian_M._Holes
Nov 1, 2003
hello anybody know??? thanks
CM
Christian_M._Holes
Nov 1, 2003
ok for some reason this is not going to the correct forum? I don’t know what happened it is doubling up.
P
Pamela
Nov 1, 2003
Have you used the offset filter on a new layer first?

wrote in message
ok for some reason this is not going to the correct forum? I don’t know what happened it is doubling up.

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections