J
Posted By
jjs
Nov 17, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
LCD ‘monitors’. This is for instructional use. Small classroom. Displaying type and images.

The 30" Apple monitor has something like a .25 pixel pitch. The best I can find outside of Apple is about .6 pixel pitch. How much difference do you think it will make with a viewdistance of 4′ to 15′?

(Tacit? Are you lucky enough to have the Apple 30"?)

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

T
tacitr
Nov 19, 2004
The 30" Apple monitor has something like a .25 pixel pitch. The best I can find outside of Apple is about .6 pixel pitch. How much difference do you think it will make with a viewdistance of 4′ to 15′?

The rated pixel pitch is for the maximum possible display resolution; if the image at that resolution is too small, you can adjust the display resolution downward, which will have the effect of making the elements on the screen larger.

(Tacit? Are you lucky enough to have the Apple 30"?)

I wish. 🙂 I’ve seen them, and they’re just stunning, but I don’t have one. —
Art, literature, shareware, polyamory, kink, and more:
http://www.xeromag.com/franklin.html

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections