Adding Ancient Dingbats to Shapes

Posted By
Nov 16, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I’m using PS 7 on XP Home.

I have some very old dingbat files. Some of them have "characters" that I would like to use as "shapes" in PS. I would like to make some custom shapes so that I don’t have to dig around and load up those obscure old dingbat files.

How do I do that?

<*)))))><{

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

K
Kingdom
Nov 16, 2004
"<*)))))><{" wrote in
news::

I have some very old dingbat files. Some of them have "characters" that I would like to use as "shapes" in PS. I would like to make some custom shapes so that I don’t have to dig around and load up those obscure old dingbat files.

How do I do that?

<*)))))><{

Make custom brushes from the shapes you like

Youth is wasted on the young!
E
edjh
Nov 16, 2004
<*)))))><{ wrote:

How do I do that?

<*)))))><{
Layer>Type>Convert to Shape.

Comic book sketches and artwork:
http://www.sover.net/~hannigan/edjh.html
Comics art for sale:
http://www.sover.net/~hannigan/batsale.html
Nov 17, 2004
I’ve done layer > type > convert to shape. Now how do I save the shape? I’d like to add it to my custom shapes.

<*)))))><{

On Tue, 16 Nov 2004 10:18:24 GMT, edjh wrote:

|<*)))))><{ wrote:
|> I’m using PS 7 on XP Home.
|>
|> I have some very old dingbat files. Some of them have "characters" |> that I would like to use as "shapes" in PS. I would like to make some |> custom shapes so that I don’t have to dig around and load up those |> obscure old dingbat files.
|>
|> How do I do that?
|>
|> <*)))))><{
|>
|>
|>
|Layer>Type>Convert to Shape.
C
Corey
Nov 17, 2004
Then go to Edit > Define Custom Shape.

Peadge 🙂

"<*)))))><{" wrote in message
I’ve done layer > type > convert to shape. Now how do I save the shape? I’d like to add it to my custom shapes.

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections