Replies
Status
Closed
Hi,

I want to apply for dvlottary
http://travel.state.gov/visa/immigrants_types_diversity3.htm l#changed

Accourding to that website

——————————————–
Technical Specifications: The submitted digital photograph must conform to the following specifications or the system will automatically reject the EDV Entry Form and notify the sender.

Taking a New Digital Image. If a new digital image is taken, it must meet the following specifications:
Image File Format:
The image must be in the Joint Photographic Experts Group (JPEG) format.

Image File Size:
The maximum image file size will be sixty-two thousand five hundred (62,500) bytes.

Image Resolution:
There are two acceptable new digital image resolutions:

320 pixels high by 240 pixels wide.
240 pixels high by 320 pixels wide.

Image Color Depth:
24-bit color or 8-bit color or 8-bit grayscale. [Note: Monochrome images (2-bit color depth) will not be accepted.]

Scanning a Submitted Photograph. Before a photographic print is scanned, it must meet the following specifications:
Print Size:
2 inches by 2 inches (50mm x 50mm) square.

Print Color:
The image must be either in color or grayscale.

The photographic print must also meet the Compositional
Specifications. If the photographic print meets the Print Size, Print Color, and Compositional Specifications, scan the print using the following scanner specifications.

Scanner Resolution:
Scanned at a resolution of 150 dots per inch (dpi).

Image File Format:
The image must be in the Joint Photographic Experts Group (JPEG) format.

Image File Size:
The maximum image file size will be sixty-two thousand five hundred (62,500) bytes.

Image Resolution:
300 by 300 pixels.

Image Color Depth:
24-bit color or 8-bit color or 8-bit grayscale. [Note: Monochrome images (2-bit color depth) will not be accepted.]

———————————————————-

I have my scanned photo and know adobe photoshop6 well . I am confused about the rule .
Can some one tell me what to change
in photoshop ..image->image size

Hope you understand my question .Please help .
Thank You .

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

G
Gadgets
Nov 10, 2004
A 2 inch original scanned at 150dpi = 300px, so that all adds up.

Image size – resample if required – to a print size of 5cm (just under 2 inches), with a resolution of 150dpi – giving document dimensions of ~300 pixels.

File > Save for web as jpg and use the pullout tab to get to ‘optimize to file size’ and enter 61KB (62500/1024)

Cheers, Jason (remove … to reply)
Video & Gaming: http://gadgetaus.com
T
tacitr
Nov 10, 2004
I have my scanned photo and know adobe photoshop6 well . I am confused about the rule .
Can some one tell me what to change
in photoshop ..image->image size

Go to the Image Size command. Turn on "Resample Image." Make the image 300 pixels wide. Save as JPEG. Very straightforward.

Art, literature, shareware, polyamory, kink, and more:
http://www.xeromag.com/franklin.html

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections