DB
Posted By
Don_Bishop
Oct 29, 2003
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
does anybody have an icm profile for the zerox docucolor 12 copier? i am preparing some work for a printer who uses that, and i would like to be able to soft proof my work……

thanks

don

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

P
Phosphor
Oct 29, 2003
What—The printer won’t give you copies of the profile(s)?
DB
Don_Bishop
Oct 29, 2003
nobody seems to know what i am talking about…i even called up xerox…but that didn’t help much either…..
I
ID._Awe
Oct 29, 2003
You can get the profiles off the Xerox website.
P
Phosphor
Oct 29, 2003
"nobody seems to know what i am talking about"

Well, that’s encouraging. Are there other printers in your town who might? I’d start asking around if I were you.
DB
Don_Bishop
Oct 29, 2003
thanks id.awe…that was my first effort, but i couldn’t find them..do you know where they are located?

don
I
ID._Awe
Oct 29, 2003
Don: Doesn’t appear that their copiers are colour managed in any way (I was thinking of their Phaser line when I wrote that).
DB
Don_Bishop
Oct 29, 2003
ID: thanks

have a xerox phaser 8200 which have 4 color profiles, i just assumed that the xerox line would have color profiles as well…….and the phaser and xerox support are separate groups….

thanks

don
JM
John_Mensinger
Oct 29, 2003
Don, with a DocuColor 12, they have to be using something on the "front-end," (possibly something like a Fiery XJ Series RIP). The DC12 itself is not color-managed, but the front-end should, or can be. Find out what they’re using and get the profile for that.
DB
Don_Bishop
Oct 29, 2003
thanks…i’ll do that today…..and let you know how that works out…

don
I
ID._Awe
Oct 29, 2003
Don:

Using a Google search with: "Fiery" + "ICM" I came up with several sources, but you will have to ask which version of Fiery RIP they are using. I was also made aware that the ICM for their version should be on the installer CD that they were provided with. So the "printer" should have them. You are probably looking for profiles for the "EFI Fiery EX12" RIP.

You may find this link helpful: < http://a1851.g.akamaitech.net/f/1851/2996/24h/cache.xerox.co m/downloads/usa/en/d/dc12_EX12.pdf>
DB
Don_Bishop
Oct 29, 2003
Thanks everyone for your help….

finally found the icm’s on the xerox web site after all…they were hidden in with the fiery drivers….

you guys helped me get there…..

don

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections