NL
Posted By
Nancy_Lamia
Oct 28, 2003
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
With Windows 2000 I was able to print from Photoshop to custom paper sizes on my hp deskjet 5650. With Windows XP, the printer runs the paper through without printing anything on it if I use a custom size. It prints fine if I select a paper size from the pre-defined list.

I’ve worked through everything with hp, and it appears the problem is with Photoshop because Word will print on a custom size.

Has anyone else experienced this? resolved this?
Thanks,
Nancy

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

CC
Chris_Cox
Oct 28, 2003
Photoshop doesn’t really know about paper sizes — that comes from the printer driver. You need to talk to HP about this.
DP
Daryl_Pritchard
Oct 28, 2003
Nancy,

I recently printed a custom-sized page with PS7 and WinXP using my Epson 1270 and had no problems. While I’d be first suspicious of your printer drivers, the fact that it works OK with a custom-size page in Word does puzzle me.

I don’t know what would happen if you tried uninstalling and reinstalling your printer driver, but maybe that would be worth trying.

Good luck,

Daryl
Z
zippy2000
Oct 28, 2003
Could you save your PS image as a tif and import into a layout program (ie. Indesign, PageMaker, Illustrator and dare I say Word…ick for the last one) that will allow you to do custom paper sizes?

ZIP

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections