B
Posted By
badsworth
Oct 23, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Can anyone advise me please – I have just installed PSCS and Image Ready. Image Ready seems to work fine – but when I open PS (or swap across from Image Ready) I get a screen that says – ‘Memory could not be allocated for the activation process. Please close all other applications and try again.’ I have no choice (because nothing else works) but to click OK whereupon PS closes down.

I have no other applications open, and my PC is only 6 months old with 512Kb of memory. I have Win XP.

Has anyone else had this? What can I do?

badsworth

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Y
Your-nice
Oct 23, 2004
you meen 512mb? If its the same as in PS 7 In edit preferences / memory and image cache set it to 100% that might help, also set your scratch disk to a separate drive or partition again that’s in preferences hope that helps,others know more about it than me .

"badsworth" wrote in message
Can anyone advise me please – I have just installed PSCS and Image Ready. Image Ready seems to work fine – but when I open PS (or swap across from Image Ready) I get a screen that says – ‘Memory could not be allocated for the activation process. Please close all other applications and try
again.’
I have no choice (because nothing else works) but to click OK whereupon PS closes down.

I have no other applications open, and my PC is only 6 months old with
512Kb
of memory. I have Win XP.

Has anyone else had this? What can I do?

badsworth

G
Gadgets
Oct 24, 2004
tried reducing % memory allocated to PS in prefs? I think 70% is default… drop to 50 and try again.

Cheers, Jason (remove … to reply)
Video & Gaming: http://gadgetaus.com

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections