bagal
Oct 22, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Hi y’all

I would like to free up some hard disk space by transferring images to CD

However I would like to keep some smaller thumbnails of the originals on hard disk for reference, tracking and as a means to catalogue and trace them (hence the originals too) quickly.

I have had a look at Contact Sheet II and that seems one way to do it.

I wonder if any experience, insights, recommendations or good practice solutions abound?

I had a twinkling of an idea about using file & folder naming structure as a reference to the CDs that the originals will be on.

Possibly creating a droplet? a batch file? to create the smaller images.

Any solutions greatfully rec’d

TIA

Arty

Yesterday I thought I was indecisive but today I am not so sure

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

H
Hecate
Oct 23, 2004
On Fri, 22 Oct 2004 23:20:32 GMT, "Arty" wrote:

Hi y’all

However I would like to keep some smaller thumbnails of the originals on hard disk for reference, tracking and as a means to catalogue and trace them (hence the originals too) quickly.

I wonder if any experience, insights, recommendations or good practice solutions abound?

I had a twinkling of an idea about using file & folder naming structure as a reference to the CDs that the originals will be on.

Go to www.cerious.com and download the trial version of ThumbsPlus. Use it for the time you’re allowed, then buy it.

Hecate – The Real One

veni, vidi, reliqui
S
Shadowfax
Oct 23, 2004
"Arty" wrote in
news:4Bged.267$:

Hi y’all

Arty, ThumbsPlus by Cerious Software will do exactly what you want. You can keep the thumbnail of any image on your Hard drive while the actual images reside off your disk on a CD, another drive or other medium. Your directory can be maintained in the ThumbsPlus database and the offsight images will still maintain a thumbnail image on your hard drive.

You can download a trial here –>

www.cerious.com

and give it a shot to see if it suits all your needs.

Scott
B
bagal
Oct 23, 2004
This is good

I will give it a go

Anything that automates the process is definitely worth looking at

Many thanks (great NG)

Arty

"Shadowfax" wrote in message
"Arty" wrote in
news:4Bged.267$:

Hi y’all

Arty, ThumbsPlus by Cerious Software will do exactly what you want. You can keep the thumbnail of any image on your Hard drive while the actual images reside off your disk on a CD, another drive or other medium. Your directory can be maintained in the ThumbsPlus database and the offsight images will still maintain a thumbnail image on your hard drive.

You can download a trial here –>

www.cerious.com

and give it a shot to see if it suits all your needs.

Scott

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections