TL
Posted By
Tony_Long
Oct 27, 2003
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I’ve just upgraded my PC and O/S from Windows 98 to XP Pro. When I tried to install my Photoshop 6 and Go Live 5.0 on the new O/S, the install process would not accept my serial numbers for Photoshop or Go Live as valid. They are , in fact, legitimate and valid serial numbers. Any idea what the problem might be? Is my old Adobe software incompatible with Windows XP Pro? I’ve not had this problem installing my other software.

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

RL
Robert_Levine
Oct 27, 2003
How did you perform that upgrade? The only correct way is a clean install. If you installed XP on top of 98 all bets are off.

Bob
TL
Tony_Long
Oct 27, 2003
Thanks, Bob. It was a clean install to a brand new hard drive in my new PC.
RL
Robert_Levine
Oct 27, 2003
In that case, you must be typing those numbers in wrong. Are you reading and typing them in directly from the labels that they shipped with? If you took them off your old computer keep in mind that Adobe splash screens don’t display the entire serial number.

If you registered the software (which you should certainly have done) Adobe will have the serial numbers on file.

Bob
TL
Tony_Long
Oct 27, 2003
Thanks. I’ll give Adobe a call.

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections