PS CS — can I install/activate it on more than one PC?

JB
Posted By
John_Blaustein
Oct 24, 2003
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
After having looked at the pages about the new PS CS on the Adobe site and after trying to read the Adobe Product License Agreement, I still don’t know the answer to this basic question: Will I be able to install and activate PS CS on my two desktop PCs and my laptop PC? I am the only user of these three PCs and I only use one at a time.

Thanks for any clarification.

John

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

JS
John_Spragens
Oct 24, 2003
That’s three computers. You can activate on two, from everything I’ve read here.
RH
r_harvey
Oct 24, 2003
One desktop, one laptop. That’s all.

See the Activation thread, in this forum for more insight.
RL
Robert_Levine
Oct 25, 2003
Two PCs is fine as long as only one is used at a time. The activation is one thing, but there’s nothing but the honor system to keep you from using both.

Bob
RL
Robert_Levine
Oct 25, 2003
One desktop, one laptop. That’s all.

Actually, I believe it’s one work and one home but the bottom line is that you can activate it on two machines with no problem.

Bob
L
LenHewitt
Oct 25, 2003
Will I be able to install and activate PS CS on my two desktop PCs and my
laptop PC?<<

No, and installing on 3 machines breaks your current License agreement as well.
JB
John_Blaustein
Oct 25, 2003
Thanks, everyone…

Len… I’m busted! Please don’t send the License Cops… I’ll do the right thing, I promise.

John
L
LenHewitt
Oct 25, 2003
John,

I’ll do the right thing, I promise.<<

Chuckle! ….I hope you will…..
AB
Andrew_Bokelman
Nov 5, 2003
There are people generally install on their home, work, and travel (notebook) computers. Looks like these people will be forced to pay a large penalty, even though the software is only used by them on one computer at a time.
RL
Robert_Levine
Nov 5, 2003
Andrew,

If they’ve been doing it, they’ve been violating the EULA and those people are the very target of activation.

Bob
AB
Andrew_Bokelman
Nov 5, 2003
If they’ve been doing it, they’ve been violating the EULA and those people are the very target of activation.

Hmmm. I guess I never read the license closely enough because I only have it on one computer. I’ve seen licenses that provide for a three- computer installation, but I guess Adobe is not one of them.

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections