D
Posted By
dodger
Oct 24, 2003
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
When I click on the file browser it defaults at the "desktop". When I click on the desktop icon, this message appears, "Could not complete your request because of a program error.
I’ve reloaded the program but doesn’t help. Is there a place to re-set all default settings? Thanks for any help
roger

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

L
LenHewitt
Oct 24, 2003
Roger,

Is there a place to re-set all default settings?<

Detailed in FAQ at the top of the Topics list….
JB
joey_bouillon
Oct 27, 2003
have the very same problem and nothing i have tried has helped.i hope someone can help
CP
christine_paulsen
Nov 7, 2003
I have the same problem and I also run Windows XP. There is only one folder visible in the folder tree(no name on it) and when I click on it it takes me to the desktop. There are no other folders visible in the folder tree window….and I can’t seem to find a solution anywhere. Don’t ask me to reset my preferences or re-install PS7, none of those actions helped….and yes, I have installed the latest updates/patches.

thanks
DT
Dennis_Trawick
Mar 2, 2004
I have the very same problem. PS & with XP home. Problem started after system reformat/ re-install. Prefs delete/Uninstall/reinstall doesn’t help. I have photoshop and Windows as the only programs on my C: drive (partitioned), all other program applications are installed on my D: drive. This is the only thing I’ve done differently since the reformat. The file browser seems to work perfectly, other than the tree problem. I have exif data, etc. Just a program error from the desktop icon in the tree. No big deal, but I like my $650 programs to run perfectly.

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections