M
Posted By
Mike
Oct 11, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I am trying to resize multiple files. For this example lets say from 800×600 down to 640×480. I am trying to record with the action palette but it does not seem to do what I need it to do. I have also tried thru the batch format with no success. Normally what I do is to click "file","save for web" then adjust file individually at that time. This is very time consuming and I have at times 50-60 pictures to resize. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks, Mike

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

J
jjs
Oct 11, 2004
"Mike" wrote in message
I am trying to resize multiple files. For this example lets say from 800×600 down to 640×480. I am trying to record with the action palette but it does not seem to do what I need it to do. I have also tried thru the batch format with no success. Normally what I do is to click "file","save for web" then adjust file individually at that time. This is very time consuming and I have at times 50-60 pictures to resize. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

File – Automate – Fit Image?
G
Gadgets
Oct 11, 2004
You’re doing the image size in ‘Save for web’?

Might be best using image size in image/adjust/image size, maybe a bit of a sharpen, then doing the Save for web. When selecting the image size parameters, make sure you have resample on and you type in say 800 for a dimension and 72 for the res – even if it already displays what you type – the action needs your input to record it…

Cheers, Jason (remove … to reply)
Video & Gaming: http://gadgetaus.com
M
Mike
Oct 12, 2004
I guess I should have said multiple files at one time …hence the word "Batch"!

">I am trying to resize multiple files. . I have also tried thru the batch format with no success. . I have at times 50-60 pictures to resize. Any help would be greatly
appreciated.
Thanks, Mike
J
jjs
Oct 12, 2004
"Mike" wrote in message
I guess I should have said multiple files at one time …hence the word "Batch"!

Did you not receive an answer to exactly that point?
P
Peter
Oct 12, 2004
On Sun, 10 Oct 2004 21:11:37 -0500, Mike wrote:

Thanks, Mike

See the link below!

========================================================= Need to resize images for email attachments or web pages? Try Jpeg Sizer at: http://www.tangotools.com?s=ng
=========================================================

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections