Posted By
Chris
Oct 5, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Hi There,

Just wondering if anyone knows how to check if an earlier version (3.0) has ever been registered or not. I’m thinking of buying 3.0 from a friend but he doesn’t know if was registered or not.

Thanks, CR

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

N
noone
Oct 5, 2004
In article <BD885424.217E4%
says…
Hi There,

Just wondering if anyone knows how to check if an earlier version (3.0) has ever been registered or not. I’m thinking of buying 3.0 from a friend but he doesn’t know if was registered or not.

Thanks, CR

Other than an install and attempt to register, I do not know of a way. In AI, for instance, the database of s/n is limited to only a few vers back. I had to call Adobe for upgrade install, after I skipped a few vers, and my s/n was from about v2 anyway. They were kind enough to work me through, but even the database they had on hand did not go back to my s/n. I had to do a special registration with Adobe after install, but again, they worked it out for me. Maybe someone has access to the database, but I doubt it, especially for v3.

Hunt
C
Chris
Oct 6, 2004
in article wrote on
10/5/04 3:24 PM:

In article <BD885424.217E4%
says…
Hi There,

Thanks, CR

Other than an install and attempt to register, I do not know of a way. In AI, for instance, the database of s/n is limited to only a few vers back. I had to call Adobe for upgrade install, after I skipped a few vers, and my s/n was from about v2 anyway. They were kind enough to work me through, but even the database they had on hand did not go back to my s/n. I had to do a special registration with Adobe after install, but again, they worked it out for me. Maybe someone has access to the database, but I doubt it, especially for v3.
Hunt

Thanks for your input, CR

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections