How The Heck Do You Make Crop Or Trim Marks!?

M
Posted By
Mathias(2)
Oct 23, 2003
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
The are listed once in the help file, and manual, but not the how.

I can make them in Illustrator, can I in PS?

Thanks
Mathias(2)

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

CC
Chris_Cox
Oct 23, 2003
In the print preview dialog, show more options, select output options, and turn on corner or center crop marks.
M
Mathias(2)
Oct 23, 2003
But I want to make some throughout my page, like you can make trim mark in Illustrator. Is that no possible?
JS
John_Slate
Oct 23, 2003
I’m not sure what you mean by "throughout my page" since trim marks, by definition, are offset outside the final trimmed page.

But you can increase the canvas size and draw them with the line tool in conjunction with the shift key.
P
Phosphor
Oct 23, 2003
If you’re going to draw them by hand, you might as well create them once and convert them to Custom Shapes.
M
Mathias(2)
Oct 23, 2003
good idea!

thanks
JT
Joe Thibodeau
Oct 24, 2003
Use the Stroke command under edit to set a trim mark for a printer.

1) Select the canvas area to add the trim mark to.
2) Edit/Stroke to invoke the stroke dialog
3) Pick a color and line width in pixels
4) Go!

This was passed on by a printer that uses these trim marks to cut prints to size.

"Mathias (2)" <@adobeforums.com> wrote in message
The are listed once in the help file, and manual, but not the how.
I can make them in Illustrator, can I in PS?

Thanks
Mathias(2)

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections