B
Posted By
bogus
Oct 3, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I am using Mac OSX 10.3.5 and Adobe CS. I have tried this several times without luck. I looked in the preferences and didn’t see any enabling function. I can copy a selection out of Imageready and paste it, but I can not copy a selection out of PS and paste it into IR. The Edit>Paste command is grayed out. Any ideas?

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

E
edjh
Oct 3, 2004
bogus wrote:

I am using Mac OSX 10.3.5 and Adobe CS. I have tried this several times without luck. I looked in the preferences and didn’t see any enabling function. I can copy a selection out of Imageready and paste it, but I can not copy a selection out of PS and paste it into IR. The Edit>Paste command is grayed out. Any ideas?
Why not just use the Jump to IR button at the bottom of the tools palette?

You are making a new document in ImageReady first to Paste into, right?

Comic book sketches and artwork:
http://www.sover.net/~hannigan/edjh.html
Comics art for sale:
http://www.sover.net/~hannigan/batsale.html
B
bogus
Oct 4, 2004
Actually, I have a file in IR with slices. I can make a selection from the slices and I can’t do that in Photoshop. The files I want to copy and paste from are all PS. I guess I can open them in IR. But still, why can’t I cut from a PS file and paste in IR. It seems so simple but I can’t get it to work.

edjh wrote:
bogus wrote:

J
jjs
Oct 4, 2004
"bogus" wrote in message
Actually, I have a file in IR with slices. I can make a selection from the slices and I can’t do that in Photoshop. The files I want to copy and paste from are all PS. I guess I can open them in IR. But still, why can’t I cut from a PS file and paste in IR. It seems so simple but I can’t get it to work.

🙁 Hate to suggest this, but 1) is the PS file 16-bit? or 2) are you on the correct layer in PS?
E
edjh
Oct 4, 2004
bogus wrote:

edjh wrote:

bogus wrote:

You didn’t answer my question re: Are you making a new document in IR to paste into? It works fine for me.

Comic book sketches and artwork:
http://www.sover.net/~hannigan/edjh.html
Comics art for sale:
http://www.sover.net/~hannigan/batsale.html
B
bogus
Oct 4, 2004
Sorry I didn’t answer. Here is the scenario.

I begin with a file in PS. I switch it to IR and slice it.

I open several files in PS. Select all, Copy, go to IR, paste is grayed out. If I create a new document in PS the image will paste in that.

I don’t use 16 bit colors and I am on the background layer in PS when I copy. I can not get anything copied from PS to paste into IR.

edjh wrote:
bogus wrote:

edjh wrote:

bogus wrote:

You didn’t answer my question re: Are you making a new document in IR to paste into? It works fine for me.
C
Cosmick
Oct 4, 2004
G’day bogus,

I don’t use 16 bit colors and I am on the background layer in PS when I copy. I can not get anything copied from PS to paste into IR.

In Photoshop – Edit>Preferences>General>Options>Export Clipboard ?

Mick

To reply,
Make the river a pond.
B
bogus
Oct 4, 2004
Thanks Mick. That did it. God bless you for the response.

Cosmick wrote:

G’day bogus,

In Photoshop – Edit>Preferences>General>Options>Export Clipboard ?

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections