AY
Posted By
Andy_Yeo
Oct 22, 2003
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I am using Photoshop 7 on a WinXP Pro platform.

I have a Jpeg image opened in photoshop.

When I save the image and then right-click and properties the image I get the following :-

1. Creation Software – Adobe Photoshop 7.0
2. Color Representation – Uncalibrated

My question is this :-

1. How do I make it so that it does not show that the creation software is Adobe Photoshop 7.0 – I need to save it so that I cannot see the Creation software

2. How do I get rid of the Color Representation – Uncalibrated setting ? How come when I right-click a normal jpeg saved by Microsoft Paint, it does not show its color representation as uncalibrated ?

Thanks

Andy

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

DM
Don_McCahill
Oct 22, 2003
Save the jpg with Save for Web. It will not include this meta data.
NB
Norbert_Bissinger
Oct 22, 2003
How come when I right-click a normal jpeg saved by Microsoft Paint, it does not show its color representation as uncalibrated ?

Because it is a dumb program, does not know about Color calibration or International Color Consortium (ICC) profiles
AY
Andy_Yeo
Oct 23, 2003
the problem with saving the jpeg as web is that it bumps the resolution all way down from 150 down to 96 dpi …

need the resolution to be exactly 150 by 150 …

anyone know to get round this ???

thanks …
MM
Mac_McDougald
Oct 23, 2003
ppi has no meaning for the web.
3×2" at 200ppi and 8.3×5.5" at 72ppi both display exactly same same on same monitor, that is, 600×400 pixels.

Make your images the pixel dimensions you want, then use SFW. You can size the pixel dimensions down in SFW itself, but better to do it in the program first, IMNSHO, as you have better control over sharpening and whatnot before using SFW than during SFW.

Mac
B
Brian
Oct 23, 2003
wrote:
the problem with saving the jpeg as web is that it bumps the resolution all way down from 150 down to 96 dpi …

need the resolution to be exactly 150 by 150 …

Do you mean 150ppi x 150ppi? Or 150 pixels x 150 pixels? There is a HUGE difference between the two…
L
LenHewitt
Oct 24, 2003
Andy,

it bumps the resolution all way down from 150 down to 96 dpi …<<

No, it doesn’t. It removes all sizing (and other) metadata. The image data is still the same as if you had used Save As with the same compression. Remember you can change the ppi of an image at will and it will still have the same number of pixels (Assuming you do not re-sample).

The only reason you think the image is at 96 (or 72) ppi is because that is the assumption that any application opening the image makes.
AY
Andy_Yeo
Oct 24, 2003
am talking about 150 by 150 in pixels … not ppi …

🙂

Thanks …
B
Brian
Oct 24, 2003
wrote:
am talking about 150 by 150 in pixels … not ppi …

🙂

Thanks …

OK, in that case then you can completely disregard any and all PPI measurements (since they are irrelevant to web work, anyway) and simply make sure your image is (or ends up) 150px by 150px.

Brian

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections