A
Posted By
Almazick
Jan 1, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I have 2MP digital camera and would like to take a picture; crop it, add some affects and print out on 8.5in x 11in. Now I have a problem because the picture will look ugly. I know I can resize the picture and increase pixels number and try to blur it in PS CS but it is not going to look to good for printing. Is there anything else I can do besides using a different digital camera with more MP. Any suggestions?

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

S
Stephan
Jan 1, 2004
"-=Almazick=-" wrote in message
I have 2MP digital camera and would like to take a picture; crop it, add some affects and print out on 8.5in x 11in. Now I have a problem because the picture will look ugly. I know I can resize the picture and increase pixels number and try to blur it in PS CS but it is not going to look to good for printing. Is there anything else I can do besides using a different digital camera with more MP. Any suggestions?

You can try SI from Fred Miranda.
It works as good a Genuine Fractals and costs a fraction of the (hefty) price.
Remember that your computer, even with this software, cannot decide with precision how to plug the holes you create by stretching your image. All you get is something that will more or less successfully trick the human eye.
I printed a very nice 8 x 10 from a 1.2MP with it.

I,ve seen recently a bunch of G2 Canon for very cheap on eBay, better solution really.
http://tinylink.com/?ogKc5kAlD1

Stephan
"-=Almazick=-" wrote in message

Ooh ooh, I know. Just waiting for some friends to check out some of the stuff I’ve done and while we wait, oh, Yeah, here they are…
S
Stephan
Jan 1, 2004
"Dr. J. Smith" wrote in message

Ooh ooh, I know. Just waiting for some friends to check out some of the stuff I’ve done and while we wait, oh, Yeah, here they are…

Are you OK?

Stephan
"Stephan" wrote in message

Are you OK?

Stephan

Oops, sorry about that, it was meant to go somewhere else.
S
Stephan
Jan 1, 2004

Ooh ooh, I know. Just waiting for some friends to check out some of
the
stuff I’ve done and while we wait, oh, Yeah, here they are…

Are you OK?

Stephan

Oh, I thought maybe too many bubbles in your head.

Stephan
A
Auspics
Jan 2, 2004
Christ…
I hope it not Doctor of medicine!
Doug

Ooh ooh, I know. Just waiting for some friends to check out some of
the
stuff I’ve done and while we wait, oh, Yeah, here they are…

Are you OK?

Stephan

Oh, I thought maybe too many bubbles in your head.

Stephan

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections