Posted By
Alex_Kotler
Oct 21, 2003
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Greetings-

I have an image that made its way into my computer via a flatbed scan. The image is a little blue and somewhat flat. How can I most effectively reduce the blue and add a little bit of punch?

Thanks,

Alex

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

DM
dave_milbut
Oct 21, 2003
check the channels palette adjusting red green and blue channels seperately can open up a whole new world!
AK
Alex_Kotler
Oct 21, 2003
thanks!
KN
Ken_Nielsen_
Oct 21, 2003
There are a number of ways to affect channels. These include the curves palette – my favorite.
NB
Norbert_Bissinger
Oct 22, 2003
If there is some thing in the picture you know it should be white or black you can use the Eydropers in the curves to corect it by clicking on one of this colors, but first double click on them and set the Black one to 12 and the white one to 245.
KN
Ken_Nielsen_
Oct 22, 2003
Also, try the channel mixer to reduce the percentage of blue (I do all my images in cmyk so your mileage may vary,) all you need to do is to reduce the percentage of blue using its output and source channels (lower the blue slider from 100 to 91 to balance the colors, as a guess on my part.) You can turn that dull, lifeless image into an amazing image with unique, vibrant colors. Have fun, experiment.

: )
JS
John_Slate
Oct 22, 2003
For punch, fiddling with brightness/contrast and then increasing overall saturation goes a long way.

What ever you do, don’t forget to POP the colors!! <g>
KN
Ken_Nielsen_
Oct 22, 2003
Alex will need to go to the pressman school of customer relations to make that happen John.

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections