R
Posted By
rangepal
Dec 29, 2003
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Having owned PS from the year 1, but only upgrading as far as PS5, I have recently had more use for the product and want to upgrade to the latest and greatest. So, I have some dumb questions: 1. What is CS? I note that the term is attached to PS8 in the ads; 2. Is upgrading to CS the same as upgrading to PS8?; 3. If not, when will PS8 upgrade be available; 4. Will PS8 and/or CS upgrade from PS5? With much thank-you-all,

Old Stiff Knees

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

E
edjh
Dec 29, 2003
GoBlue! wrote:
Having owned PS from the year 1, but only upgrading as far as PS5, I have recently had more use for the product and want to upgrade to the latest and greatest. So, I have some dumb questions: 1. What is CS? I note that the term is attached to PS8 in the ads; 2. Is upgrading to CS the same as upgrading to PS8?; 3. If not, when will PS8 upgrade be available; 4. Will PS8 and/or CS upgrade from PS5? With much thank-you-all,
Old Stiff Knees
Yes, Photoshop CS = Photoshop 8. You can upgrade from 5. —
Comic book sketches and artwork:
http://www.sover.net/~hannigan/edjh.html
P
Phil
Dec 30, 2003
On Mon, 29 Dec 2003 23:45:28 GMT, edjh wrote:

GoBlue! wrote:
Old Stiff Knees
Yes, Photoshop CS = Photoshop 8. You can upgrade from 5.

Ed, I’m looking forward to the comic-related Photoshop tutorials that you promised on your website!!!
H
Hecate
Dec 30, 2003
On Mon, 29 Dec 2003 23:45:28 GMT, edjh wrote:

GoBlue! wrote:
Old Stiff Knees

You can also get PS cheaper and then don’t have to bother with activation. From what you’ve said you probably don’t anything that’s in CS. You might also like to look at Elements which is cheaper than an upgrade and has 80% of what PS has in it anyway.

Hecate

veni, vidi, reliqui
R
rangepal
Dec 30, 2003
Thanks to y’all for your help and suggestions.

OSK

GoBlue! wrote:
Having owned PS from the year 1, but only upgrading as far as PS5, I
have
recently had more use for the product and want to upgrade to the latest
and
greatest. So, I have some dumb questions: 1. What is CS? I note that
the
term is attached to PS8 in the ads; 2. Is upgrading to CS the same as upgrading to PS8?; 3. If not, when will PS8 upgrade be available; 4.
Will
PS8 and/or CS upgrade from PS5? With much thank-you-all,
Old Stiff Knees

You can also get PS cheaper and then don’t have to bother with activation. From what you’ve said you probably don’t anything that’s in CS. You might also like to look at Elements which is cheaper than an upgrade and has 80% of what PS has in it anyway.

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections