PD
Posted By
protocol_droid
Oct 21, 2003
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
SO I’ve got photoshop6. I have a 1.8MB image from a digital camera that I want to print as a 8 wallets via automate-picture package- and I chose (8)2X2.5. When I print this image (assuming my printing options are for highest resolution, etc. etc.) the image comes out all pixelated???? I didn’t lower the resolution (@72) and left it fixed in RGB. What am I doing wrong?

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

MM
Mac_McDougald
Oct 21, 2003
If you started with a 1.8MB image and changed it to a wallet at 72ppi you did INDEED lower the resolution. A lot.

Mac
PD
protocol_droid
Oct 21, 2003
72 is what pops up when I look at the original image size so if this remains the same when I go to the document section and chose 8 2×2.5 it should still be the same. How can I print 8 images and keep the quality the same?
DM
Don_McCahill
Oct 21, 2003
Your problem is that if you want to print the pictures, you need more than 72 ppi. That is only good for on screen reproduction. For printing 200 or 300 ppi is better.
GH
Gary_Hummell
Oct 21, 2003
Open your original image, go to the Image Size dialog, check the resample box, enter 300 ppi and the wallet dimensions. Click ok and save as a wallet version of the original file. Now open the picture package dialog for this image and you should have the correct parameters.

Gary
PH
Photo_Help
Oct 21, 2003
Gary,

There is no need to resize the image. It will be resampled in picture package if it needs to be.

protocol_droid,

Just change the document resolution to 300 PPI in the picture package dialog. For a better understanding go to…

Image -> Image size
Uncheck resample
Change the resolution to 300 PPI and note the new print dimensions of your image.

For the highest quality print to the dimensions you want change the height or width with constrain proportions checked and resample still unchecked and you will see what resolution your image is at that size.
PD
protocol_droid
Oct 21, 2003
Don and Gary-
thanks for the information. I’ll try your tips tonight. What I don’t seem to understand is how I can print my 1.8MB digital image beautifully, with 72 when I go to image size? I know this has nothing to do with photoshop, but with two other photo programs that I have that do not do wallets, the pictures are unaltered at 1.8MB and print picture perfect quality. So, when I’ve been using ps, would this imply I’ve been short changing myself when printing photos by not using the higher 200-300 range? Thanks.
PH
Photo_Help
Oct 21, 2003
protocol_droid,

The other programs probably don’t look at the EXIF information and simply print the image to fit the paper size. If they do give you an option to print a specific size they do so without displaying the resolution changes.

It is important to remember that your image is X number of pixels wide and Y pixels high and that the resolution is simply how many of those pixels your printer will render per inch (This number is not to be confused with the number dots per inch of the printer).

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections