JC
Posted By
john_cassel
Oct 21, 2003
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I have a simple line drawing that I’ve scanned into PhotoShop 7. I want to change the black lines into orange lines. I tried following the instructions in Photoshop Help but I don’t seem to be able to follow it all of the way through to get the black lines to change into orange.

What is the easiest way to change these black lines into orange lines?

Thank you,
John

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

L
LenHewitt
Oct 21, 2003
John,

As always with Photoshop, there are several ways of doing this:

In each case Mode change to RGB first:

1) Make a new layer, fill with desired colour and set Layer Blending Mode to Screen.

2) CTRL+L (Levels) and adjust the OUTPUT shadow slider to the right. CTRL+U (Hue and Sat) click ‘colorize’ and adjust to desired colour

There are other ways too, but those should get you started.
RL
Robert_Levine
Oct 21, 2003
Change the image mode to grayscale, then to to duotone. Pick an orange that you like and then convert it back to RGB or CMYK.

Bob
O
Ol__Whozit
Oct 21, 2003
RTFM…(What’s the difference between reading the manual and waiting to read forum post responses?)
JC
john_cassel
Oct 22, 2003
Robert Levine,
Thank you for your help. That is exactly what I was looking for.

Thank you,
John

Ol’ Whozit,
I cannot help you with your question.
O
Ol__Whozit
Oct 22, 2003
That does not surprise me in the least.

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections