P
Posted By
paul
Sep 26, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I am using a PowerBook G4 with OS10.3.2 and Photoshop CS and Nikon View 6. When opening an image file it defaults to View. Can I make files default to Photoshop rather than removing View from the hard drive to accomplish this?

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

B
bogus
Sep 26, 2004
Yes.

Select a file in the Finder

Press Command + I

In the dialog box that opens there is a entry that says "Open with" and the application is listed.

Click on the box to select another application that can open the file.

Then, below the application there is a box to use that application for all files of the same type.

dp

Paul Light wrote:
I am using a PowerBook G4 with OS10.3.2 and Photoshop CS and Nikon View 6. When opening an image file it defaults to View. Can I make files default to Photoshop rather than removing View from the hard drive to accomplish this?
P
paul
Sep 27, 2004
Thanks for your help, but this doesn’t work.

1 I selected a file.
2 Pressed Command + I
3 In the dialog box under the entry "Open with" the application listed is Nikon View 6 (default).
4 I chose "other"
5 A new window opens titled "Choose Other Application". I chose Adobe Photoshop CS and checked "Always Open With". The "Add" button remains gray.

I assume that I need to be able to click this to complete the change. What have I done wrong?

bogus …
Yes.

Press Command + I

In the dialog box that opens there is a entry that says "Open with" and the application is listed.

Then, below the application there is a box to use that application for all files of the same type.

dp

Paul Light wrote:
B
bogus
Sep 27, 2004
It sounds like PS does not know how to handle the image file. Does the files have an extension? Are you sure that PS can open that kind of file? Do you need a plugin to open it? Did you check documentation/installer CD/web site?

Paul Light wrote:

Thanks for your help, but this doesn’t work.

1 I selected a file.
2 Pressed Command + I
3 In the dialog box under the entry "Open with" the application listed is Nikon View 6 (default).
4 I chose "other"
5 A new window opens titled "Choose Other Application". I chose Adobe Photoshop CS and checked "Always Open With". The "Add" button remains gray.

I assume that I need to be able to click this to complete the change. What have I done wrong?

bogus …

Yes.

Press Command + I

dp

Paul Light wrote:

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections