Posted By
mbetea
Oct 20, 2003
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Hello,
What I’m trying to do is create a simple batch file that will launch Photoshop in HIGH priority. It seems that there is something in the Photoshp.exe file that isn’t letting this happen. The line I’m using in the batch file is:
START /MAX /HIGH Photoshp.exe

If I use this same line to run a different app (changing the program as well) it will set the priority to HIGH. Anyone figure a way around this? Thanks.

matt

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

PH
Photo_Help
Oct 20, 2003
Why would you want to? If you run applications at high priority it may slow performance as other applications get less I/O time. Just "optimize performance for applications" if this is a workstation.

This is not an option you should need to use on a single user workstation. If you are doing enough background operations that you are seeing performance problems you need to schedule these other tasks to run during off hours or get another computer to balance the load.

If you insist on running at high priority just use a shortcut instead of a batch file.

Shortcut…
cmd /c start /high Photoshp.exe

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections