JJ
Posted By
James_J_Donnelly
Oct 19, 2003
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I like to work with Photoshop Documents Full Screen and Centered. I use Ctrl-Tab to toggle between all the open documents.

Whenever I start a new document, or open an existing document from disk, all the windows become "Restored Down",
so I have to maximize, WITH THE MOUSE again.

It’s a pain in the neck to do this over and over.

I can’t find anything about this in Preferences settings, and I can’t even figure out a keyboard shortcut for maximizing, those shortcuts only seem to work on the Program window, not on the document windows within Photoshop.

There’s gotta be a way to keep my document windows maximized!

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

I
ID._Awe
Oct 19, 2003
If you maximize one document, then all documents should then appear maximized when you toggle through the documents, it works like this on my machine. Possibly what you are seeing is that the new document opens at "restored down" and what you are seeing is how Photoshop actually handles the open documents when maximized.
JJ
James_J_Donnelly
Oct 19, 2003
Yes, when I maximize one document, they all are maximized.

When I open a new or existing document from disk,
all documents already open become "Restored Down".

This is the behavior I want to change.
I want the new document
or existing document from disk to open maximized,
so all documents will remain maximized.

JIM
JJ
James_J_Donnelly
Oct 23, 2003

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections