T
Posted By
TJ
Sep 20, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Hi there ~ not sure how this will be greeted, but here goes. I posted here on behalf of a friend a few weeks ago and got some great feedback, so thought I’d try again.

I have a guy working on a web site for us, he’s a great guy, but short on time, so I thought I’d grab the bull by the horns and do some of the more tedious bits myself to move it along.

On the web site, I’m having about five or six large galleries of JPEGs / bitmaps ~ nothing complicated, just a ‘flick through one by one’ I think. I’d just like to know the simple steps (if they are simple) to do the following in Photoshop:

1) Grab all the pictures in a named folder (100 in each gallery) and set them to the same size (if this is possible), to avoid having to resize them one by one. There is a mixture of bitmaps and Jpegs, 90% are JPEGs.

2) Set them all to the same resolution if it can be done, ready to go on the web. (If someone can tell me what a good ‘average’ resolution is compression wise for the web, that’s going to help me out as I have no idea)

3) How to make a simple ‘circular’ logo, just with my web address, so that it’s a perfect circle with the web address running round.

4) How to fade the web address and apply that logo to each picture (in the same place on each image).

If this is a complicated procedure, apologies for asking ~ I really have no concept of whether this is a huge and time consuming task, or just a few clicks.

Thanks

Tony

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

G
Gadgets
Sep 20, 2004

0) Put an informative subject line or most people won’t read it

1) File > Automate > Web photo gallery

2) Maybe 640×480 for the larger pics, medium qual. For the thumbnails, low qual would probably be OK. Careful putting high res pics up – not just download time – but they can’t be protected from unauthorised use. 640×480 would be fine for magazine use at about 5×4 cm, or newspaper at about double that…

3) PS/ImageReady aren’t bad, but I don’t think there’s an easy way to run text around a circle. You can warp text to an arc easily enough though.

4) You could create an action/droplet to playback a recorded series of commands on a batch of images. Also other standalone utils – search on watermark…

Cheers, Jason (remove … to reply)
Video & Gaming: http://gadgetaus.com
T
TJ
Sep 20, 2004
Thanks very much … I’ll give it a go! 🙂

Tony

"Gadgets" wrote in message
0) Put an informative subject line or most people won’t read it
1) File > Automate > Web photo gallery

2) Maybe 640×480 for the larger pics, medium qual. For the thumbnails,
low
qual would probably be OK. Careful putting high res pics up – not just download time – but they can’t be protected from unauthorised use.
640×480
would be fine for magazine use at about 5×4 cm, or newspaper at about
double
that…

3) PS/ImageReady aren’t bad, but I don’t think there’s an easy way to run text around a circle. You can warp text to an arc easily enough though.
4) You could create an action/droplet to playback a recorded series of commands on a batch of images. Also other standalone utils – search on watermark…

JW
J Warren
Sep 20, 2004
In article <cim4kp$sfp$
says…
Hi there

3) How to make a simple ‘circular’ logo, just with my web address, so that it’s a perfect circle with the web address running round.
Text on a circular path is easy IF you have PS CS. Select the Circle Tool (below the Text tool). Click the 2nd icon from the left to create a work path (icon is a pen). Hold down Shift and drag out the circle. Then, with the Text tool active you can place the cursor on the circle and if you’re in just the right spot its appearance will change. Start typing. Voila! text on a circle.

Jason
T
TJ
Sep 20, 2004
Awesome! Thanks Jason!!

🙂

"J Warren" wrote in message
In article <cim4kp$sfp$
says…
Hi there

3) How to make a simple ‘circular’ logo, just with my web address, so
that
it’s a perfect circle with the web address running round.
Text on a circular path is easy IF you have PS CS. Select the Circle Tool (below the Text tool). Click the 2nd icon from the left to create a work path (icon is a pen). Hold down Shift and drag out the circle. Then, with the Text tool active you can place the cursor on the circle and if you’re in just the right spot its appearance will change. Start typing. Voila! text on a circle.

Jason
G
Gadgets
Sep 21, 2004
Thanks for that! Noticed that if you hold down Ctrl over the start point, you can move the text around and even set it to run inside the circle. Seems a bit version 1, but about time!

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections