R
Posted By
riverpinn
Oct 18, 2003
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I was creating some titles for a project in Photoshop 7. I added a line of text (at about 20pt) and then inserted a number oc carriage returns to get to the next line – actually there were quite a lot of them. I then double clicked on the layer in the layer control and my memory usage shot from 500M (I had After Effects and Premiere open too) up to 1.2G. And that was the end of Photoshop. This is on an XP system.

Has anyone else come across this?

Tim

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

I
ID._Awe
Oct 18, 2003
Doesn’t happen here, scratch size barely changes and Photoshop, while CPU intensive as it should be, scarcely uses my RAM resources (this was a letter size CMYK @ 300dpi with five layers, two of them type as described above. I’d look somewhere else.
BD
Blaine_Dickman
Oct 19, 2003
I had a similar experience with both Photo Shop and Corel Draw Suite. It turned out to be a hardware issue. Mismatched DDR Ram modules. After replacing with a matched pair from the same manufacturer (same density) all memory leakage stopped and all my graphics software stopped having weird memory useage problems. It took weeks to figure out since error messages in XP gave no useable clues. I finally got the correct error message only after I started to reformat the hard drive to reinstall the OS. The lesson I learned was that techs are often wrong and don’t take their advice for granted. Also just because labeling says something is compatable does not mean it is.
I
ID._Awe
Oct 19, 2003
Blaine: I have fully matched RAM (including lot numbers).

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections