Posted By
ltd
Dec 23, 2003
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Question on Photoshop CS – Please help

I notice, unlike previous versions, that the thumbnails for various files I have are retained, even though the file itself has changed. For example, the first time a filename is brought up, like P00000001.jpg from my digital camera, a thumbnail is retained. Eventhough this file will get overwritten with new photos that come in (with the same filename), the original thumbnail from the first time I used this version is displayed and never updates. Is there a setting or something I need to do differently to get this to change or update – no previous version of Photoshop had this problem. It would be nice to have the thumbnail accurately mirror the file it represents, not something else.

I appreciate any help someone can give me.

Thanks in advance. ltd

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

J
John
Dec 23, 2003
On Tue, 23 Dec 2003 12:30:48 GMT, ltd wrote:

I notice, unlike previous versions, that the thumbnails for various files I have are retained, even though the file itself has changed. For example, the first time a filename is brought up, like P00000001.jpg from my digital camera, a thumbnail is retained. Eventhough this file will get overwritten with new photos that come in (with the same filename), the original thumbnail from the first time I used this version is displayed and never updates. Is there a setting or something I need to do differently to get this to change or update – no previous version of Photoshop had this problem. It would be nice to have the thumbnail accurately mirror the file it represents, not something else.

Thanks in advance. ltd

In the File Browser menu click on View > Refresh
A
Auspics
Dec 23, 2003
This sounds to me like you are shooting in camera RAW mode. Maybe even using a Canon DSLR? If so, the camera creates a .jpg file inside the RAW file and it may be this which is not being overwritten by PS.
Doug

"ltd" wrote in message

I notice, unlike previous versions, that the thumbnails for various files
I
have are retained, even though the file itself has changed. For example, the first time a filename is brought up, like P00000001.jpg from my
digital
camera, a thumbnail is retained. Eventhough this file will get
overwritten
with new photos that come in (with the same filename), the original thumbnail from the first time I used this version is displayed and never updates. Is there a setting or something I need to do differently to get this to change or update – no previous version of Photoshop had this problem. It would be nice to have the thumbnail accurately mirror the
file
it represents, not something else.

Thanks in advance. ltd
L
ltd
Dec 25, 2003

[posted and mailed]

John wrote in
news::

On Tue, 23 Dec 2003 12:30:48 GMT, ltd wrote:

Thanks in advance. ltd

In the File Browser menu click on View > Refresh

Question in response to this answer:
First, thanks for responding.
Secondly, do I have to do this every now and then, or is there something I can do that will auto refresh it right along – so it is constantly on the newest data – not holding on to old things?

Thanks again. ltd
L
ltd
Dec 25, 2003
Thanks for responding – no it is an Olympus C-4040, which uses the Smart Media – files are saved as .JPG right away – this problem only occurs with the latest version of Photoshop – CS – not with any previous version. Any other ideas?

Thanks again. ltd

"Techno Aussie" wrote in
news:Sx1Gb.63124$:

This sounds to me like you are shooting in camera RAW mode. Maybe even using a Canon DSLR? If so, the camera creates a .jpg file inside the RAW file and it may be this which is not being overwritten by PS. Doug

"ltd" wrote in message
news:

I notice, unlike previous versions, that the thumbnails for various files
I
have are retained, even though the file itself has changed. For example, the first time a filename is brought up, like P00000001.jpg from my
digital
camera, a thumbnail is retained. Eventhough this file will get
overwritten
with new photos that come in (with the same filename), the original thumbnail from the first time I used this version is displayed and never updates. Is there a setting or something I need to do differently to get this to change or update – no previous version of Photoshop had this problem. It would be nice to have the thumbnail accurately mirror the
file
it represents, not something else.

Thanks in advance. ltd

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections