BR
Posted By
Bill Robinson
Dec 21, 2003
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Anyone know how to "de-activate" a copy of CS so as to allow the installation of another copy (e.g., on a new computer)? Thanks in advance.

-Bill Robinson

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

F
Flycaster
Dec 21, 2003
"Bill Robinson" wrote in message
Anyone know how to "de-activate" a copy of CS so as to allow the installation of another copy (e.g., on a new computer)? Thanks in
advance.

Contact Adobe customer service.

—–= Posted via Newsfeeds.Com, Uncensored Usenet News =—– http://www.newsfeeds.com – The #1 Newsgroup Service in the World! —–== Over 100,000 Newsgroups – 19 Different Servers! =—–
BD
Bob Davis
Dec 21, 2003
You’re allowed to install and activate on two computers, a desktop and a notebook.

Anyone know how to "de-activate" a copy of CS so as to allow the installation of another copy (e.g., on a new computer)? Thanks in
advance.
-Bill Robinson

S
Stephan
Dec 21, 2003
advance.

This is the very wrong place to ask for cracks,serials and copies. There is info on the web on how to do that.
Something about removing two files, I don’t know more.
Activation cracks appeared about two days after the release of CS (funny actually) and are easy to find I bet.

Besides, you don’t *really* need CS,(nobody does) 6.01 is still a great tool.

Stephan
BR
Bill Robinson
Dec 22, 2003
I wasn’t looking to do it illegitimately. I thought that the de-activation process might be as automated as the activation process. "Stephan" wrote in message
advance.

This is the very wrong place to ask for cracks,serials and copies. There is info on the web on how to do that.
Activation cracks appeared about two days after the release of CS (funny actually) and are easy to find I bet.

Stephan

GP
Glenn Pechacek
Dec 22, 2003
Review the FAQ and you will see the information:
http://www.adobe.com/activation/main.html

advance.
-Bill Robinson

J
james
Dec 22, 2003
You mis-read his post. He wasn’t asking for a crack. He was asking if he needed to de-activate his copy of CS on his old computer in order to install it on a new computer.
Amazing what a little bit of reading before reacting might acomplish. You might have actually figured out he was asking a legitmate question. james

"Stephan" wrote in message
advance.

Stephan

S
Stephan
Dec 22, 2003
"james" wrote in message
You mis-read his post. He wasn’t asking for a crack. He was asking if he needed to de-activate his copy of CS on his old computer in order to
install
it on a new computer.
Amazing what a little bit of reading before reacting might acomplish. You might have actually figured out he was asking a legitmate question. james

OK, my bad, sorry.

Stephan
S
Stephan
Dec 22, 2003
I wasn’t looking to do it illegitimately. I thought that the
de-activation
process might be as automated as the activation process.

Sorry, I thought you wanted to get the Activation off your back. (not like I would have blamed you for it!)

Stephan
MM
Major Malfunction
Dec 22, 2003
I wasn’t looking to do it illegitimately. I thought that the
de-activation
process might be as automated as the activation process. "Stephan" wrote in message
advance.

If you’re buying new and never had PhotoShop, you buy CS. That’s the current version, so that’s your base. If an older version of PhotoShop does everything you ask it to do, you are correct, you don’t need to upgrade. On the other hand, "want" is a different thing and I may want to upgrade to what comes after PSCS . . . or I may not. Time, and experience, will tell.
J
Joe
Dec 22, 2003
"Bill Robinson" wrote:

I wasn’t looking to do it illegitimately. I thought that the de-activation process might be as automated as the activation process.

I am not a net-cop so I don’t care what you do with your life <g>, but if you want to install your (paid) CS version to any system you want then there is/are crack(s) to remove the activation to allow you to install to any system as many time as you need.

I didn’t try but I think you should be able to find it on most search engines like www.google.com also, some earlier crack has problem with the shortcut, so make sure to use the later release. I am not CS user so I don’t know the name of the crack (and yes, I would use it if I am a owner of CS).

"Stephan" wrote in message
advance.

Stephan
J
Jimmy
Dec 23, 2003
Anyone know how to "de-activate" a copy of CS so as to allow the installation of another copy (e.g., on a new computer)? Thanks in advance.
-Bill Robinson

While you are allowed installation on a primary and secondary computer, there are times when either of computers will need to be replaced over time. It would appear they have anticipated multiple installations beyond the normal two simultaneous installations.

The following was taken from http://www.adobe.com/activation/main.html Q: What happens if I get a new computer and want to install Photoshop CS or Adobe Creative Suite software on the new computer?

A: After you install Photoshop CS or Adobe Creative Suite on your new computer, you will be asked to reactivate your copy of the product. At this time, you must uninstall the software from your older computer to comply with the license agreement. Reactivation is as easy, anonymous, and quick as the initial activation. In most circumstances, this activation will be successful. In the rare case that reactivation is unsuccessful, call Adobe Customer Care for help. —————————————————-

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections