MH
Posted By
Milo_Hoss
Oct 16, 2003
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Right – crzy problem. I can’t use a 1×1 brush or eraser on the edge of my canvas! I go over and over and nothing happens. If I go in a few pixels it works normally.

I had this a while ago and someone helped me fix it, now I have a new computer and reinstalled PS on it, so darn problem is back!

Anyone know?

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

DM
dave_milbut
Oct 16, 2003
I think there’s a bug (vers. 6 and 7 at least) that causes a 1×1 pixel brush (even square) to track to the south east. can you use the pencil tool? or expand your canvas a bit, do what you need to do, then crop the expanded bit? not neat, but it’s a workaround.
CW
Colin_Walls
Oct 16, 2003
Interesting. I have been playing with this.

I found that if I set up the brush with options, it would create a 1 pixel line on the RHS and the bottom of the canvas. On the LHS and top, there was "leakage" to the next line of pixels [to the right or below respectively]. I think this is the SE tracking that Dave referred to.

A pencil tool works perfectly.

What is the difference [supposed to be] between a 1 pixel brush and a 1 pixel pencil?
MH
Milo_Hoss
Oct 16, 2003
Fasctinating. The problem indeed seems to affect only the bottom and the RHS, but Pencil, Brush, eraser, all have the same problem. In fact, even if I use the 3×3 brush, it dosn’t work correctly at the RHS and bottom… someone on this forum told me (before I reinstalled PS and brought the problem back) that this is a known bug, and i did something with the settings that fixed it. For the life of me I can’t remember what it was… anyway, doing a workaround now, but rather annoying!
DM
dave_milbut
Oct 18, 2003
I THINK it was mark hiers looking at this. we first started talking about it here right after ps7 (or 7.01, i forget) was released. He said he was going to fix it, lets hope he wrote it down! It was over a year ago. 🙂

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections