J
Posted By
JDR
Sep 13, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I know this is a stupid question but being a novice in PhotoShop, how do I extract a portion of a photo that is rounded rectangle shaped (radius 50). I can draw the shape around the desired portion of the photo but can’t figure how to copy or move just that rounded rectangle portion.

Thanks

Jeff…

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

G
Gadgets
Sep 13, 2004
I’d probably just draw a path around it (P – pen tool) then load as a selection (ctrl click the path in the path palette, or click the dotted circle icon at bottom of the palette).

Cheers, Jason (remove … to reply)
Video & Gaming: http://gadgetaus.com
W
wnor
Sep 13, 2004
If you used the shape path tool to draw a rounded rectangle, then just right click on the rectangle, change into a selection, copy and paste.

"JDR" …
I know this is a stupid question but being a novice in PhotoShop, how do I extract a portion of a photo that is rounded rectangle shaped (radius 50). I can draw the shape around the desired portion of the photo but can’t figure how to copy or move just that rounded rectangle portion.
Thanks

Jeff…
BV
Big V
Sep 14, 2004
Not sure if this is what you’re after, but you might try ALT + click and drag (with Move tool (M))
V

"JDR" wrote in message
Thanks

Jeff…

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections